Saturday 16 March 2013

Getting Back on The Horse

Day 2 post-kettlebell workout from Hell and I can walk a bit better.  Stairs and sitting down on (or getting up from) the toilet, are my nemeses.  But, I am able to walk a tiny bit better. And if I press on my legs, beneath the layer of fat, I can feel muscle, but it isn't as hard as rock like yesterday. Progress, I say!

I decided to get back on that kettlebell horse and do the workout again.  Granted, the Dead lifts and squats were definitely not as low as they were in workout #1. That would be impossible.  I did manage to do the workout twice, so I was proud of myself.

I, also, dusted off the ol' Tony Little Gazelle and did 20 minutes on that.  I didn't want to go outside and walk because  a) it's cold outside and I really don't want to walk in the cold today and b) Walking Buddy was helping out at a birthday party, so I didn't have anyone to walk with.

I went to a cool website called Fatburn.com which has a nifty little Fat Burn Tool to calculate calories burnt during different activities.  Based on their numbers, a 25 minutes moderate Gazelle workout is equivalent to an hour walk.  So, I plan to add some gliding to my fitness plan on the days where I don't actually feel like leaving the house and walking.

Next week, I need to work harder on a meal plan.  I seriously failed in the food department this week, and given the fact that tomorrow is St.Patty's Day and will be filled with yummy stew, shamrock shakes and a beer or five, I won't fret about the food/drink until Monday. I'm still proud of myself, though.  I really can't believe that less than two weeks ago, I never exercised at all.  Like, at all.  AT ALL.  This two-week challenge has made me realise that I can put myself first and that I actually can do things that I didn't think I could, if I set my mind to it.  And that's much more rewarding than the 3 pounds I have lost so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment